First SWAP item done! I finally got my Style Arc Elle pants together. I cut them out a few weeks ago, basted them on for fit. Today I adjusted them at the inseam, then serged them up with a 1/4″ seam allowance. I will leave the hem for later, as I always expect a little shrinkage with washing.
These are made from Telio Ponte that I purchased from Ginny’s Fine Fabrics in Rochester, MN. My sewing group went there on a field trip in November, and O-M-G I don’t know why we waited so long! Ginny is great, so helpful, and her store is packed with everything from basic knits, to fabulous wool coating, to dreamy silks. I will definitely return!
My Bernina 1230 needs servicing now. It has churned through so many projects, and the last one, that lined jean jacket, stressed it out a little. So I’ll pause on the wovens, and start in on knits. My sewing group has an in-person sewing day next week, so I think I’ll cut a bunch of projects to finish on the serger. On the docket:
- Top: super soft mustard sweatshirt fleece, will probably be a boxy/loose over layer.
- Second: waffle knit, either a raglan tee or turtleneck.
- Third: wide rib knit, not sure yet
- Fourth: embroidered French Terry, NL 6525 View B with sleeves from view A.
- Fifth: Faux fur jacket in process.
I don’t want to plan much more in advance, I’m terrible at sticking to plans! Till next time.