Diverted

SWAP sewing has come to a screeching halt!

I completed the 2 Jalie t-shirts, both are crew necks due to: 1. not enough fabric and 2. Mock t-band was waaaay too short for the neck opening, and then I did not have enough fabric! No matter, they are done, simple, and I love them.

img_0367

New simple shirts!

I was supposed to cut out the blue and gray shirts next. I want to try out the Deer & Doe Plantain tee for these, just for a newer silhouette. I got as far as downloading and taping the pattern, and I just couldn’t go on because once again I don’t have enough fabric. To be fair, I purchased the fabric with 2 more Jalie’s in mind, but I just was irritated. So I quit. Instead I started sewing up a quilt top kit that I bought 10 years ago and has been languishing in my stash, taunting me.

I joked a little that it is harder than clothes and in a way it is. Those 1/4 inch seam allowances are unforgiving! If you are a little bit off even half the time, well, I imagine things won’t be exact! There is more room for error in a garment.

Still, I am enjoying the quick little zip! of sewing up a seam. Very satisfying.

Advertisements