SWAP 2016-2 down

2 tops completed! I ended up using the same pattern for these: Simplicity 1366.  LOVE this top. Boxy but not too. Easy sew, only took me a few days to complete each one (that is fast for me.)

I sewed a straight size 8 for each, and I did muslin first. I’m trying really hard to do things the right way, so am making muslins for all new patterns. Takes time, but it truly saved time when I used my fashion fabric.

An 8 corresponds to my actual measurements, amazingly enough. I had to wiggle a bit to get the sleeves to fit just right. I also shortened the hem to 3/4″, I think the pattern allows for 1.5 inches. That would have been a wee bit too short for my liking.

It is described as a crop top, on anyone taller than me that may be true, but at barely 5’3″ it falls just below the waist band of my jeans. Here it is made up in a rayon batik:

IMG_4880

The second I made up in a floral burnout fabric. It is a little less drapey than this rayon.

I seriously like this pattern so much I may do yet another one with long sleeves, maybe in a sweater knit.

Up next though will probably be the Jalie Eleanore jean pattern. I have some light blue bengaline sitting in the stash that will serve as a muslin, hopefully wearable.  I’ll take a short break first, to finish cutting out the 6″ squares for DD’s quilt. It’s been marinating long enough.

Advertisements